Welcome to Sam Brannan Counseling!Sam Brannan's counselors are educators trained in child and adolescent development, learning strategies, self-management and social skills. We implement a comprehensive guidance program to support students throughout their middle school years. The school counseling program provides education, prevention and intervention activities which focus on three main domains: Academic, Career/College, and Social-Emotional. Our goal is to create an engaging program that encourages leadership, advocacy and collaboration.
As Professional School Counselors, we work with students on an individual basis, in small groups and in their classrooms. The focus of the counseling program is on academic skills, career awareness, and personal/social skills. We also attend parent-teacher conferences at the request of the parent/guardian or teacher, as our schedule allows.
Here are some reasons students might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "I had a disagreement with my best friend and she doesn't want to be my friend anymore."
- "Some kids in my math class are talking about fighting after school."
- "My parents argue all the time and I don't know what to do."
- "My grandmother is really sick and I'm scared she's going to die."
- "We're moving and I don't want to have to start over again!"
- "My dad wants me to be work with him in the family business, but I want to be a chef."
Here are some reasons parents might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "This is Allison's third school this year, and she's having difficulty adjusting."
- "My husband is being deployed in two weeks and Sam may need some help coping with this change."
- "Sarah used to be excited about school, but lately she doesn't seem to care."
- "My wife and I recently separated and our son could use some help understanding this."
- "My daughter seems to be the target of some teasing and bullying after school. Can you help?"
- "I think my son could benefit from talking with someone, would you be able to refer him to an adolescent therapist?"
- "My daughter is on her phone all the time, I don't know what to do about her social media use."
We strive to provide a SAFE environment for all students and parents. Seeing a counselor should never be a negative experience. Our goal is to support the academic mission of the school, and support the student and family. In order to maintain a safe environment, we need to keep information shared with us confidential except in certain circumstances. (For more information on confidentiality, please go to the About Us page.)